Friday, December 24, 2010

First I must say that its hard to sit and write everyday, and my post are becoming further and further apart. *sad face*
http://www.retro-housewife.com/images/holiday/christmas/1940/1945-christmas-spells-happiness.jpg

 THEORY: Change is NOT always good...

Today is Christmas Eve and I'm not feeling it! What happened to the cheerfulness, the smiles, the family time and the season of joy. Its not the same at all. I went out today and just wanted to scream to everyone BE HAPPY,SMILE. Facebook was no better, today was still miserable for some. Although I passed up a family holiday party, there was not much to remind me that tomorrow is Christmas....Of course I was with other family members all day,but we do this regularly. Is it because I'm no longer a child? Even the children I passed and know don't seem to excited. What does this mean?

When I was younger, my Christmas spirit started right after Thanksgiving with simply putting up the Christmas tree. From then on, something was done almost daily to prepare for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Putting more candy canes up, making some type of cookie, writing out cards, watching a movie, wearing the hats. It was just something to remind us of those special days to come. I want to say the excitement wasn't all about the gifts...that was a big part, but my mom just made it so much more! I feel old saying times are changing, but its reality....a harsh one. In a few more years,what will Christmas be like? Of course no one can steal your joy and holiday spirit...let me rephrase that, you should let anyone steal your joy or holiday spirit. IT WON'T EVEN SNOW! Gosh!......If you do nothing else, during this time try and bring a smile to another persons face,put differences aside, spend time with family....
oh how I miss my childhood, but my hopes are still high that the spirit will return, I just wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS and to just enjoy themselves....if only for one day....most importantly remember WHY we are celebrating : )
As I end this, my mom calls me to help make peanut butter cookies from scratch : )
Be safe and enjoy--Dr.Mika

No comments:

Post a Comment