Sunday, August 5, 2012

Oh Ghandi!

    I love quotes! "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians, your Christians are unlike your Christ"--Ghandi

As a person who struggles with religion, this quote means a lot. I am going to ramble my thoughts and keep it short. Recently I've concluded that this rings so true for me. My interpretation personally means that the religion as a whole is something that I believe in but those who follow it change it. I am more spiritual than religious, I have faults but I have a personal relationship with God that could be much stronger. I do not attend church regularly. I have associates who are practicing Christians and some I can say are "not like your Christ" I understand that everyone Sins and have things they are working on but I also feel that as someone who holds Religion so high in their life they should not be doing exactly what I am doing and they should be setting better examples. Then there are those who criticize people who are not practicing their religion in a ways that is demeaning.
Why do I not practice religion? I was raised in Baptist church most of my life but I have yet to study the  bible I used to go to bible study way back when I was too immature to take it serious. Now I just do not feel a connection to a religion probably because I have yet to learn it fully. I also do not believe in some things that become mainstream and leads to people being mean and hurtful to others for instance homosexuality. Then again its not the religion its the people who practice it, yes it is a sin but people take things into their own hands and that can be sinful as well.
that is all.

Ps. I looked into becoming a Rasta but I never really looked deep into it. I have looked generally into other religions but I guess the one I grew up with is my comfort zone.





No comments:

Post a Comment