Friday, July 27, 2012

What is this? A man you say? Lie to me again...hmp

Yesterday I talked about the sadness of the African American woman's power and strength as she's chasing behind the African American man....lets not let them off the hook. The depiction of the black man changed with music and time, culture and tradition. One of the biggest portrayals on men in the media is in the form of music(besides criminal activity), in a Black household music has always been an outlet. Of course women are scantily clad and nothing to be proud of but I want to focus on men.
What happened to our Grandfathers? Our great Uncles? who balanced time at work and time spent with children. Who were our heros and the men who gave our mothers (especially mine) stories for days about how great they were? Not to say they were perfect, but they gave you a smile everytime. My grandfather passed when i was 6 and I promise I still remember his smile and demeanor. After him, and my paternal grandfather I do not believe I've met younger men who are cooler. My father is awesome but I can see where the mold started to break.
 Males today once they have children if they care enough (my observation) are left to teach themselves how to be men with the absence of a man in their lives it is hard. I can say that my brother father of two is only doing what he knows, but my niece and nephew do not lack love I can say that. Let's think, I am talking about men raised by our mothers in the age ranging from 30 on down. This is at a time when the baby boom was ending in 1964(to my knowledge) and my mother was born that year. The 4th child out of 5 and all of them became single parents. Out of the 5 children came 19 children10 are males out of 10 only 4 are with out a record and 5 without children with the oldest being 32.
All of that was to process what I grew up with, these are the guys growing up without fathers(2had) and into the men females my age are dating. These are the guys females have to chose from to marry. I grew up in the city, that definitely has some weight, I've also lived in a suburban area where the males there only wanted to be like the city guys. What is wrong with all of this?
Who do you blame? The lack of fathers who were already losing the structures of men presented by our grandfathers, but then again, my grandfather was only close with one of his five children and was separated from my grandmother, my other one remarried. Ahh! I'm thinking it started there, Grandfathers losing sight and therefore our fathers slowing breaking the molds, our brothers completely ill equipt and the new generation wont have a chance.Unless : The strength, determination, and all the other good qualities of the Black man are reconstructed.



P.S.S
In every situation there are excepts, there are males being raised by men to carry on as men....but that's not what I've been exposed to.

P.S.S
I meant to make this a general finding, but I've personalized it because I can : ) It's always best to speak of what you know!

Check out the pics #yum!







1 comment:

  1. Fact:No real man would ever leave his children to let their mother raise them alone. Although it happens. He would do every thing possible to stick around and show that boy how to be a man and that girl how to be loved by a man as she grows. The problem: There aren't enough men like our grandfather's who initiated actions along with the above thinking. And the question is why? Why are so many men leaving or not providing adequately like their fathers before them. And even though some men want this they're unable to possess the wherewithal to act on this.

    ReplyDelete